We are so blessed by the spiritual shepherding and diligent work of our pastors, ministers, and support staff year round at W. October is Clergy & Staff Appreciation month, and it is the perfect time to return the love and care!
Find the prayer requests below for our W team. Send them a message of encouragement letting them know how meaningful they are and how much you appreciate them. And most importantly, remember to pray for them each day.
Pastor David Hsu
Praising God for all the wonderful years we have served at W so far.
For vision and clarity as I seek God’s heart, and that I will keep growing as disciple-maker and leader. Pray that I will have a stronger prayer life, and for protection against temptations.
- For my time management in ministry and my dissertation work.
For my family – that I will love and serve Cheryl well. Pray for health and peace for my mom and for our families. Pray for Nathan and Hannah – for their walks, health, work/school, and the relationships they build.
That I will grow deeper friendship and accountability. Pray also for opportunities to befriend seekers and to share the Gospel.
Send a message to Pastor David!
Pastor Andrew Bywaters
- For the continued discipleship of our family – especially that AnaLiza’s faith would continue to grow and mature.
- For Angela’s continued job security.
- That I would have more opportunities to connect with the broader Meta community.
- That I would have a manageable workload as I continue my studies.
Send a message to Pastor Andrew!
Pastor I-Ming Huang
- Giving thanks to God for my ten years of ministry at W.
- For the health of my whole family.
- For my daughter, Grace, as she starts her new life in college
- For Souane and me, as we continue to serve together.
- That I will continue to make progress in preaching and teaching to transform the next generation.
Send a message to Pastor I-Ming!
Pastor Paul See
- Praising the Lord for a smooth transition of every Cantonese ministry function to take place online during the Pandemic. Thank God that coworkers and participants are willing to learn to get adapted to some new technology.
- For the Lord’s strength for Tina, my wife. In addition to her original serving as counselor/seminar speaker in the Herald Christian Counseling Center, as small group coach and in charge of Stephen Ministry in W, she now is doing majority of the work producing video every week for the Cantonese Sunday Service.
- For the Lord’s healing for my youngest grand-daughter, Iva See. She has consistently low white blood count causing weaker immune system. Also pray for my son, Kenneth’s job search.
- Thanking God that the family of Candice, my daughter, finally could move back into their house which had to be rebuilt since the Harvey’s flood more than two years ago.
Send a message to Pastor Paul!
Pastor Edward Lee
- For deeper rest and reliance on Christ as I navigate the challenges of the pandemic.
- For continued intentionality and sacrificial service to Christina in our marriage.
- For greater grace and patience in shepherding Elijah and Caleb to know and follow Christ.
- For the start of my classwork in biblical counseling, that I would have good time management and spiritual refreshment in my learning.
Send a message to Pastor Edward!
Pastor Estella Lin
- Pray that I would come into God’s presence early in the morning, and delight in reading His Word and in Him in prayer.
- Praise God for the 25 wonderful years we have been serving at WHCC. Pray that God will continue to grant me wisdom, humility and joy to lead and care for leaders in Family ministry and Children’s ministry.
- Ask God to grow my deeper relationship with my husband Emmo that our marriage would reflect God’s glory. Praise God that three series of our Blessed Family curriculum have been granted copy right and now are available for all churches online!
Send a message to Pastor Estella!
Pastor Ruth Wu
- Thanking God for keeping our Cantonese ministry running smoothly even during this pandemic. Many brothers and sisters have been actively attending online meetings. Please pray that God would guide our Alpha groups, sisters’ group, and all other small groups and ministries.
- That the Lord will give me wisdom to know how to care, develop, and counsel brothers and sisters who are in need.
- That the Lord will help me balance my time well – to have rest, exercise and prayer.
- For my three daughters: The adjustment of married life for Lydia and Dan. Also pray for Dan’s job search. Pray for Esther, who is in her last semester of fieldwork at the hospital as an Occupational Therapist. Also pray for her preparation for the exam in January 2021. Pray for Grace’s walk with God and for God’s protection over her as she works in LA.
Send a message to Pastor Ruth!
Pastor Nathan Wang
- For a servant’s heart to love and serve Hannah more this year and for God’s grace to strengthen our marriage as we celebrate 10 years of marriage.
- For wisdom and joyful patience in raising Adah and Micah to be children after God’s heart.
- For wisdom and a greater dependency on Christ as I serve the different congregations with the gifts God has given me.
- For perseverance to help execute and implement the vision God has given us as we celebrate 30 years and look forward to the next 30.
- For opportunities to disciple and build up leaders who desire to see the gospel go out into the world.
Send a message to Pastor Nathan!
Pastor Leo Huang
- That God will grow Amanda’s and my Kingdom mindset. Pray that He will equip us with the courage to take risks, and for opportunities to outreach and plant new communities.
- For both of us to be constantly filled with the Holy Spirit, to more deeply understand His work, to rely on His supernatural power and presence, and to teach others to pursue Him as well.
- For wisdom and perseverance in our homeschooling efforts, and as we guide the boys in knowing God. Pray especially for extra grace for Amanda, who has a bigger share of the burden of homeschooling.
- For Amanda and me to love, support, and care for each other well, as we walk together as husband and wife.
- For me to have a fatherly heart and coach-like wisdom, leading great efforts for discipleship that are reproducing and can be passed on for generations to come.
Send a message to Pastor Leo!
Minister Kai Chen
- For our marriage with Michelle, that we would learn how to continue to show Christ love toward one another, especially in the midst of first time parent stress.
- For our daughter, Millie, to grow in stature and wisdom. Pray for her to sleep well and one day come to know and love Jesus Christ. Pray also that her parents would get physical rest.
- For continued direction, wisdom, and leadership in ministering to youth, parents, and leaders.
- For discernment about my calling and future as it pertains to how God wants my family to continue to accomplish the Great Commission.
- For opportunities to show love and care for my neighbors.
Send a message to Minister Kai!
Minister Andy Lee
- For grace and patience for Christine as she takes the primary responsibility of homeschooling Evan and Ari during this time of the pandemic.
- For me, for new ways to serve and for gospel outreach to others, especially neighbors, during this time when we are at home.
- For discipline in taking better care of myself physically (eating & exercise).
Send a message to Minister Andy!
Minister Xuezhi Liao
- Thanking God for another year of serving at W.
- That I will be drawn near to the Lord, and that the Holy Spirit will guard me and give me a clear vision. Pray for protection, so I can honor God by serving brothers and sisters with humility as a Chinese minister.
- That my wife and I will continue to grow deeply in our marriage. Pray for us to cherish and enjoy our time together, as we seek to honor God and benefit others through our marriage.
- For our daughter, Esther, who is working as a software engineer. Pray that she would rely on God in her job. Pray for our son Daniel, who is in his last year of college. May the Lord give him wisdom so that he can manage his time well and continue to grow in the Lord. May the Lord inspire our children to have a serving heart to the Lord and become salt and light to their communities.
Send a message to Minister Xuezhi!
Minister Michael Hsu
- Praising God for providing me with the opportunity to learn, practice, and serve as an intern minister at WHCC this year.
- In thanksgiving that my wife and I can serve God, other people, and each other with one heart. We pray that the Holy Spirit keeps guarding our hearts and our every move. Pray that what we do may glorify our God.
- Thanking God for my mom’s health. Pray for God’s leading and protection over her.
- Praising the Lord for our sons, Chris and Anthony, our two daughters-in-law, and our newborn granddaughter. I am thankful for their marriages and pray that they will keep growing spiritually.
- For my spiritual growth through devotions and prayer, as well as spiritual perception from God so I can be keen to people’s needs.
Send a message to Minister Michael!
Minister Tim Wu
- Thank God that He allows me to serve at TGTC (Transforming Generation Training Center). Pray for His wisdom for me to lead TGTC to provide practical and advance courses for brothers and sisters in the greater Houston area.
- Pray for continuing renewal of my heart to serve the Lord to my best, as I am now in my 70’s.
- Pray for our son and his family serving overseas as one of W’s global partners. Pray for our two grandkids, ages eight and six, as they live and learn in a cross-cultural environment. Pray for our son’s application for a research grant, as the proposal deadline is only weeks away.
- Pray for Tai and I, that God grants us peace of mind in times of stress, and to completely trust Him.
Send a message to Elder Tim!
- Spiritual Oneness. Pray for continued team unity and growth. Pray that we would always work with the church’s vision in mind.
- Strengthened Capabilities. Ask God to give us humility and wisdom so that we may increase in our capabilities to work alongside and serve each ministry. Pray that our ministry honors God and benefits our brothers and sisters.
- Obedience and Joy. Pray that we would obey the guidance of the Holy Spirit and be full of Christ’s joy as we serve.
- Our Spiritual Lives. Pray that each one of us has a continuing, healthy spiritual walk with God.
- Our Families. Pray that the Lord protects our parents, spouses, and children.