Post date: April 2021
Contact: Email [email protected] with the subject line RE: Children’s Ministry Associate
West Houston Chinese Church (WHCC) is a non-denominational evangelical Christian church with 800+ members, holding services in English, Mandarin Chinese, and Cantonese. We are a growing church and seek staff who want to use their talents and skills to help build the kingdom of God.
This position is full-time and includes a competitive benefits package (health, dental, and term life insurance, as well as a 403B retirement package). The position includes a continuing education budget and flexibility to pursue your studies.
- 3-5 Years of experience in the Children’s Ministry preferred.
- Collaborative team player who can work with multi-cultural staff and environment
- Self-starter who can support the Children’s ministry and volunteers
- Capable of handling multiple tasks at the same time with strong organizational, people, and communication skills
- Agrees with WHCC’s statement of faith
- Work with the Children’s Director and Deacon to create and execute a ministry plan.
- Meet weekly with the Children’s Director/Deacon to address monthly and weekly ministry needs.
- Oversee the children’s ministry assistant(s) and manage and delegate tasks as needed.
- Promote Children’s Ministry vision and church core values through varied initiatives and programs.
- Recruit and assign teachers for different divisions (with a focus on the Chinese congregation).
- Oversee the process for annual class rosters, plan and order curriculum materials, and maintain teaching calendar and schedule.
- Plan ahead for facility usage for classroom needs and different events.
- Conduct and participate in meetings and trainings for coordinators and teachers.
- Delegate the maintenance of the children’s website
- Help to develop servant leadership skills to advocate for children’s ministry
- Try to coordinate and collaborate with various teams for special programs (Easter, Mother’s and Father’s Day performances, Infant dedication) as needed.
- Assist and provide resources for children’s programs for church-wide events (prayer meetings, Good Friday program, church retreats, missions conference, Christmas evening service, etc.)
- Assist in the planning and coordination of Children’s Ministry events or programs, such as Teachers’ Retreat, Teacher Appreciation, Mother’s Day, Father’s Day, VBS.
- Build relationships and communicate with parents and families whose primary language is Chinese.
- Build relationships and communicate with teachers and volunteers whose primary language is Chinese.
- Send regular updates on the ministry and prayer requests to teacher and parents